Saturday, April 04, 2009

Getting Ahead of Myself

I read this post from Studio Calico April a few weeks ago, and it really has me motivated to get started on selling our house/buying a new one in the country. There is a house we have in mind (okay, we have a house that I completely have my heart set on, that is), and I couldn't be less patient about the whole thing. I can't stop the fantasies about decorating an old house, and gardening, and even coming up with a name. Something "acres", I think….(see. I'm getting WAY ahead of myself again).
I am really trying to stay grounded about the whole thing and be patient and practical. There's a lot of money involved, obviously, in buying and selling, so I can't let my emotions get me too worked up either way. But, to be able to give Owen and Sophie a yard, and Jason a place to garden and grill (oh, and did I mention the "man cave"), and a place for me to scrap and cook and decorate, is pretty overwhelming. I know there are going to be challenges….probably some pretty big ones, but I've gotta believe that the reward will be greater.
We had the place inspected last week, and it was VERY encouraging for an old house - really no major fixes. So now, we just need to get spruce up our place, get a realtor, and sell our house without taking a gigantic hit since the market has changed so much since we bought it. Easy peasey, right? We just really need to get on the ball.
So I am starting with our basement. All I have to say about that is "YIKES". Giving away/throwing away/recycling/shuffling around. I feel like I have a long way to go, and the icky weather is just so unmotivating...
So, if anyone has any suggestions about buying/selling/and living in old houses, please share. I need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment