Sunday, June 07, 2009

2 Years Ago



Let's reminisce, shall we? 2 years ago on this day, I was un-blissfully pregnant. I was 25 weeks, my feet were swelling all the time, I went to the doctor every two weeks already, and my blood pressure was mysteriously out of control. Still, I had no idea Owen would be making his appearance. I guess all the signs were really there that I would be having a preemie, but Jason and I were both pretty naive about the whole thing. So, two years ago today, these pictures were taken of Owen with the clinics, brand-spanken new 4D ultrasound machine. I left work to be the guinea pig. There were all kinds of reps from the ultrasound machine company teaching my doctor to use it. Then, there he was. His little face, sucking on his tiny arms the same way he does now to comfort himself.

Pretty incredible. This same little person is nestled in his crib taking an afternoon nap right now. He runs now. He yells now. A LOT. He gets into everything, climbs all over, and jibber-jabbers constantly. He dances, and he sings even more. He signs for "eat", "more", and "fan". He has lots of scars marking his little body. Strangers have remarked on more than one occasion "he's so well-behaved". He's funny, he's smart, he's very loving and helpful. His mommy and daddy are very lucky people. What a difference 2 years makes.

2 comments:

Kaitlin said...

I cannot believe the little guy is going to be 2 already! FYI: there's a prize addressed to him on the way.

liz mataraza said...

what amazing photos...my little owen is quite a handful too; completely different than his older brother. but what did i ever do without him? :)

Post a Comment