Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Project Life: Organization and Week One

I'm taking the plunge into Project Life this year!  Although documenting our life day by day, and week by week seems like a huge commitment, I think it might be easier in the long run.  And can you imagine how cool it will be to look back on?  All the funny things that O says?  All the crazy surprises J has in store for me?  Really, a treasure.  We don't even need to mention all the sexy scrapping supplies I'll get to love up on.
So, this is my approach.  I'm not a work-on-it-every-week kind of girl, so I knew I needed a place to house things as I go, so I could put a page together when the mojo was flowing.  I decided a milk crate + file folders + big 3M file tabs would do the trick.  I used what I had and came up with this:

I was resigned to just using whatever, until the American Crafts Dear Lizzy Neapolitan line hit my eye.  Ain't she purty?  I added in some MME Sweet Caroline, Studio Calico stamps and stickers, and Teresa Collins Everyday Moments.  I'm sure plenty of other odds and ends will make their way in too. 
Here's the cover page.  I used Studio Calico stamps for the words, and gave it a couple shots of mist, and then clear embossed some butterfly stamps on top.  Then added the Thickers for "2012".
I wrote "a snapshot of our year" fancy style.  I have a feeling fancy schmancy writing is going to be all over my work this year.
And here is Week 1.  I worked some Smash album papers in there too.  I keep them with me at work to jot down things I remember.  Then right into the file they go, along with the pics I print each week and I'm ready to go.

Thanks for checking it out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!!

Bekah said...

So pretty! This is my firt year with PL, as well. I might need to get a system set up too. Right now I'm just going with the assumption that I'll work on it every week and never ever get behind. Yeah, right!

Connie said...

This is my first year. My project life kit came in today i cant wait to get started. Planning on working on it every weekend (Sunday). I might need this system if i can't keep up.

Unknown said...

Great start!
Love your fancy handwriting.

Amanda Rose
http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

Post a Comment